Monday, September 8, 2008

Meet your Independent Vancouver City Council Candidate: Bud Oracle

I bet this mugshot is on the VPD squad room wall with special instructions.

Yes I am unusual in just about every aspect. I'm not apologizing for my life and its out here in dozens of stories and articles for you to peruse. If you aren't able to figure me out well enough to vote for me from there, I don't wish to trouble you for it.

As I say to people, if it was one or the other I would prefer to be well read/enjoyed, than to be in politics. Yet there is a compelling streak of activism in me which needs to be fed. I do make good decisions and have innovative input on a variety of subjects.

I am beginning to see the light about politics, though. As a former voter/complainer only, I had one perspective, now, being on the target side, I have to re-evaluate my position and afford successful politicians their due. It is a nasty business for people of ethics, because you must always compromise.

Anyways I think that a good leader/politician should be able to re-evaluate their positions constantly and remain malleable using their intelligence and ethical foundation to do the best that they can at any given time...

This is a guaranteed recipe to displease a fair number of people at any given time: Politics. So I will accept this and move on from here.

Simply put, vote for me, because after reading my stories you trust me to do the best in making intelligent decisions on your behalf, on city council.

And please be malleable enough so that I can waffle on the promise to wear my head gear to meetings, if I need to get a more serious face on. I mean let me renege on the promise to wear my Oracle hat to all meetings if I need to gain a more respectable role to serve you better.

Now I've given you a synopsis of what it's like to be a POLITICIAN!

And shown you that I could be one!

Vote for me anyways, please!

No comments: